[FFmpeg-user] ticket 1378: ffmpeg lists every track in a QuickTime file twice

Dave Rice daverice at mac.com
Thu Jun 28 18:07:44 CEST 2012

On Jun 28, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Roger Pack wrote:

>>        I'm creating some files by using Final Cut to capture SDI video to 10 bit uncompressed QuickTime files through a Blackmagic or AJA card. Some (but not all) of the resulting files show every track twice in ffmpeg. I posted an example file and output at https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1378.
>>        I'd like to figure out if this is an issue with the QuickTime file or with ffmpeg. Any thoughts?
>
> Do other programs like VLC or MediaInfo show duplicate tracks?

VLC shows correct number of tracks.
mediainfo shows the correct number of tracks.
Quicktime shows the correct number of tracks.
muxmovie shows the correct number of tracks.
Dumpster (Quicktime tool to review container structure) shows the correct number of tracks.
ffmbc shows the correct number of tracks.

ffmpeg doubles all tracks.

Dave Rice