[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG for Blu-ray.. Solved

kifayat ullah kifayat.ullah at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 18:43:54 CEST 2012

Thanks Carl & Andy,

I have figure it out why a m2ts (mpeg2video + AC3) was not playing sounds on software players where as it was playing sounds perfectly on Hardware Player.
To rectify this I have done follwing tweaks.

In AUDIO PES Packet Header
    1.    PES_Extension_header flag, it should always be true.
    2.    PES_extension_flag_2 should always be true.
    3.    PES_extension_field_length will always be 0x1.
    4.    PES_extension_field reserved should always be 0x71 for AC3 audio ( might be different for others).

Remember As for as my research is, above is valid and essential if the audio used is AC3.

I also seen that LPCM audio plays fine without these settings.

It is little, but might help some one as I have spend quite number of hours to fiugre it out.

Regards
Kif