[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg-0.5.5 on MinGW64

Colin S. Miller ffmpeg at csmiller.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 21:30:28 CET 2012

On 20/03/12 10:39, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>   <ffmpeg<at>  csmiller.demon.co.uk>  writes:
>
>> I'm trying to build ffmpeg-0.5.5 for MS Windows 7 64bit.
>> I realise that it is an old version, but there are several
>> API changes after 0.5.5 that will make it hard to integrate
>> the latest version into my company's project.
>
> Then use at least 0.7 or oldabi, they are only one year instead
> of three years old and API-compatible.
>
> Please note that the relevant version bump was several months ago,
> and we unfortunately do not have the manpower to support ancient
> versions of FFmpeg, you should better port your project!

Carl,

Is the version of the build environment used to test each release
recorded? If so, I can download that version of MinGW64.

The project uses libavcodec, and the functions
img_convert, avcodec_decocde_video and avcodec_decode_audio2.

I will look at the practicalities of upgrading to a later libavcodec.

Colin S. Miller