[FFmpeg-user] Detecting 24 FPS pulldown in MPEG-2 DVD streams

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Jul 1 09:50:56 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:
>
>> My question is now, can I do better than this detecting
>> the pulldown scheme? Maybe this is rather a libav-user
>> question if the answer is, I have to do it
>> programmatically, which I suspect.
>>
>> (I know I should not write this but ..)
>
> You could add MPlayer output.
>
> Carl Eugen

if it helps in diagnosing this further I will of course install
mplayer and do that. Apart from that, is there a specific reason why
Media Info is so unacceptable as yet another independent (and as all
software certainly not bugfree) source of information? From time to
time I come across cases where it does produce better output than
ffmpeg and then I find it helpful as one of several data points in
analyzing bugs etc..

Best regards,

Robert