[FFmpeg-user] make mpeg2 file with hardcoded subs from .srt file

gepebril compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:50:52 CEST 2013

@ Stefano,

>This is still wrong, -vf foo -vf bar has the same effects as -vf bar,
Maybe in theory. I will try your suggestion today.

I didn't say that you have to convert to .ass to get burned in subtitles.
It's just that FFMpeg takes the layout of subs from the .ass file, it's not
present in .srt files.
Maybe there is a way to do it with .srt files (change fonts etc), but from
the let's say 50 examples of how to place hardcoded subs with ffmpeg, 48 are
done with .ass and of all .srt files examples none of the discusses
lay-out/positioning/fonts/size. So I assume it's not possible/not yet
implemented.