[FFmpeg-user] Better way to merge audio and video? (ffmpeg1.2.1)

thljcl jiachielee at live.com
Tue Jul 23 04:26:34 CEST 2013

Personally, I recommend mkvtoolnix to serve your purpose. More specifically,
it allows to create, alter, split, join and inspect Matroska files without
re-encoding the video/audio. Matroska container allows virtually any number
of video/audio/subtitle track of any codec. Some popular media players, such
as Media Player Classic Home Cinema, allows you to play variety of
video/audio codecs. In your case, it can read mp4 files directly and put the
video/audio track into Matroska files. If you must use mp4 container for
some reasons, if you can copy the audio/video tracks into mp4 files,ffmpeg
-i "input.mkv" -codec "copy" "output.mp4"Note that mp4 files only support
certain audio/video codecs, such as H.264 or AAC.I would admit that ffmpeg
is an excellent encoding tool. I assume that you want to create a file with
a video track and audio track. You may recall how you can change languages,
subtitles, or video angles in DVD playback; it’s because of the existence of
multiple tracks of audio, video, and subtitle in VOB file containers. For
more information, go to http://bit.ly/1OBiH , http://bit.ly/14VDQ , and
http://bit.ly/2Xyp4