[FFmpeg-user] ntsc-dvd doesn't default to interlaced.

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jul 27 10:50:30 CEST 2013

Andy Civil <andycivil <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Because DVDs are normally interlaced

This obviously depends on the definition of
"normally" but I don't think it is true.
(And as explained it would be very bad
because people working with video see the
artefacts on every display.)

[...]

> > Please note that FFmpeg supports producing
> > interlaced content with the appropriate filter.

See http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#tinterlace
I suspect that you still have to specify the
encoding flags, this could indeed be seen as a bug
but it is not what you reported originally.

Carl Eugen