[FFmpeg-user] Building ffmpeg with vid.stab on Mac OS 10.8 anyone?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Fri May 3 11:53:55 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:
> On May 3, 2013 4:23 AM, "Timothy Gu" <timothygu99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The next time you had an configure error, try to look at config.log. Most
>> time it will give you a error message.
>>
> Thanks for the hint but I did. It was the error message I posted.

The error message you posted was the output from configure. What
Timothy was explaining was that in the file config.log it will contain
more details about why vidstab was not found, not just that it was not
found.

The way configure works is that it will try to compile lots of small
programs to see if the expected API is there, and to work out what
libraries it needs to link to. If a library changes its API, the small
program will not compile, which is the same result as if the library
was not found. The output of trying to compile the small program is
stored in config.log, and seeing the output helps determine why the
library was not found.

Cheers

Tom