[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 1.0.5 and buffer underflow - Update

Mark Haney sullafelix at ymail.com
Fri May 3 22:48:42 CEST 2013

________________________________
 From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2013 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 1.0.5 and buffer underflow - Update

Mark Haney <sullafelix <at> ymail.com> writes:

> I have some additional info on this issue

But still neither a failing command line nor
the complete, uncut console output;-(

I'd really hoped to avoid that mainly because it's a very simple command line, there's nothing odd about the files I'm encoding or what I'm encoding them into.  However, I've attached the output of the encoding process on the exact same file with the basic command line and then adjusting the video buffer to 0k.  The file itself isn't anything special:

[markh at augustus Season 1]$ file Vacation2011.avi
Vacation2011.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 720 x 404, 23.98 fps, video: XviD, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 44100 Hz)

At first I thought it was a heat issue, we'd recently moved and I was worried that the airflow may have been flaky.  I had noticed errors with BOINC and seti at home so did a thorough cleaning of the my big system as well as making sure CPU temp stayed stable.  This box generates a lot of heat being a dual Quad-core system.

I hope this helps.  I've encoded this file cleanly before with the exact same command line on this system, the HW and OS (Fedora 18) have stayed the same the only difference that I can find is ffmpeg was upgraded to 1.0.5 when encoding started bombing.