[FFmpeg-user] Problem

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed May 15 20:04:26 CEST 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 16:01:21 +0530
Arun Gopal <kondaveetiarungopal at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> when iam using ffmpeg on raspberry pi it shows please use avconv......How
> to use avconv on raspbery pi and how to install avconv on raspberry pi..now
> iam trying to install ffmpeg on raspberry pi..iam trying to configure
> ffmpeg with arch and libv4l2 and iconv...it shows u r using newest version
> please contact to this mail id..so iam send mail to u..Please solve my
> problem as early as possible...

You are using an old, fake "ffmpeg" from a fork of the FFmpeg project.
Unfortunately it is a confusing situation for users. See:

Who can tell me the difference and relation between ffmpeg, libav, and
avconv?
http://stackoverflow.com/a/9477756/1109017

and

The FFmpeg/Libav situation
http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html

If you want to use the real ffmpeg then you must compile it. If that is
not something you want to do then I recommend using Arch Linux ARM
which does provide real ffmpeg.

Otherwise, if you want to continue using ffalse ffmpeg, then you will
have to request help from libav.

Lou