[FFmpeg-user] [Bulk] Muxer Catch-22 with '-target pal-dvd'

Liam Condron-Farnos 23liam at googlemail.com
Thu May 16 15:30:26 CEST 2013

> It would need to determine at runtime when input is
> 704x576 and only specify the resize then. Could something like ffprobe be
> used for this detection in a batch file (my ffmpeg build came without it)?

Certainly; you would use something like:

ffprobe -i input.file -show_streams -select_streams v:0

This would print information about the first video stream to STDOUT in
key=value pairs. On Linux I would parse this with sed (to find the
apropriate line & strip the key), I'm sure there's an equivalent for
Windows. Check out the ffprobe documentation:

http://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html