[FFmpeg-user] How to determine progression

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun May 19 00:06:57 CEST 2013

Am 18.05.2013 23:58, schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:
>
>> a ffmpeg binary linked against a tons of libraries
>
> You mean libc ?
> FFmpeg typically does not need any external libraries
> except zlib (which you can link statically if you want).

* it can H264 without x264?
* it can WEBM without libvpx?
* it can ogv/ogg without libogg/libvorbis/libtheora?
* it can MP3 without libmplame?
* it can FAAC without libfaac?

in which ffmpeg version are all this codecs directly included
which is unknown for me? and no, for most cases ffmpeg without
at least H264/OGG/WEBM support is completly useless

> (Your argument that it may make sense to regularly
> update is of course valid depending on the use case)

i know no usecase where security does not matter
i only know cases where people learned the hard way that they where wrong