[FFmpeg-user] scale video filter and force_original_aspect_ratio option

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 29 11:14:25 CET 2013

Lou <lou <at> lrcd.com> writes:

>   ‘force_original_aspect_ratio’
>    Enable decreasing or increasing output video width or
>    height if necessary to keep the original aspect ratio.
>
> Keywords "if necessary" seem to imply that smaller sized
> inputs will not be increased when decrease is used, but
> the docs do not indicate what occurs in this case.

"decreasing or increasing" implies that one resolution will
always be set to the native resolution of the device, "if
necessary" means that width or height as provided by the
user will only be changed if that is necessary to keep
aspect ratio.

> I haven't looked at the code and I may be missing
> something (which occurs more than I prefer), but it
> seems bug reportable to me.

Before reporting a bug, please explain which command line
does not work as expected / as documented.
So far, everything looks as expected to me (but I may of
course be missing something).

Please remember that the bug tracker is not a support
forum (which is here).

Carl Eugen