[FFmpeg-user] cut at keyframes

Pawel Por porparek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:52:59 CEST 2014

>>* ffmpeg -noaccurate_seek -i input.mp4 -ss 1 -t 3
*>>* -acodec copy -vcodec copy -y out.mp4
*>> >>* I've upgraded to the newer version of ffmpeg 2.2 and I
*>>* found that now when I use the above command it cuts my
*>>* movies not at closest keyframes.
*
>I tested the following with the sample you uploaded
>with FFmpeg 1.0 and current git head:
>$ ffmpeg -ss 1 -i test.mp4 -acodec copy -vcodec copy -t 3 out.mp4
>Both versions produce the same output frames, what do I
>miss?
>Please don't top-post here, it is considered rude.
>Carl Eugen

Thanks for reply.
My goal is to cut my mp4 movie exactly at keyframe.
Is it possible with the most recent version of ffmpeg ?
I've used -noaccurate_seek option but it didn't help.

Please tell me how I can do that.

When it turns out that it is not possible with the most recent version
of ffmpeg I will downgrade to version 1.0.7 and provide you with a
feedback.

Do I top-post ? It looks like I'm not aware of it. I'm sorry.