[FFmpeg-user] Missing packages for building ffmpeg 2.1 with Homebrew for Mac in Mavericks 10.9.2

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 22:14:42 CEST 2014

Using Homebrew, today I finally compiled and installed ffmpeg 2.1 for the
first time since upgrading my Mac to Mavericks. The Homebrew formula for
ffmpeg 2.1 that I used came from
https://gist.github.com/victusfate/5969117.   I found that many dependencies
needed to be removed then reinstalled. Here is the entire command and
options that finally allowed success:

‹‹
brew install ffmpeg2 --with-fdk-aac --disable-ffserver --enable-gpl
--enable-libass --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libmp3lame
--enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libspeex
--enable-librtmp --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-pthreads
--enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-version3
--with-ffplay --with-frei0r --with-libvpx  --with-openjpeg --with-opus
--with-rtmpdump --with-schroedinger --with-speex --enable-libfaad
--with-tools
‹‹

Included below is a list of 3 options that I had previously used that today
caused compiling to fail, and the errors reported for each. I tried
everything I could think of, but still couldn¹t make any of the 3 work.
Uninstalling and reinstalling libvorbis didn¹t help, the same was true in
the case of freetype , and I don¹t know what Homebrew package might affect
³libvo-aacenc". Can anybody tell me what packages I can try installing or
reinstalling or anything else I can do to satisfy the dependencies
specified? Thanks.

‹with-freetype ERROR: freetype2 not found
‹with-libvo-aacenc ERROR: libvo_aacenc not found
‹with-libvorbis ERROR: libvorbis not found

Laine Lee