[FFmpeg-user] mpg to mp4 request

wally wally at voosen.eu
Sun Apr 13 19:47:53 CEST 2014

Hello Carl Eugen,

sorry for delay, i had not internet access last days.

I have no idea how to test if it is only a size effect.
But i achieved acceptable results with this command:
ffmpeg -i source.mpg -vcodec *mpeg4* -vb 1.9M -acodec aac -strict -2 -ab
90k target.mp4

Of course i do not know why mpeg4 works and libx264 does not.

I can live with this but little smaller results would be nice.

wally