[FFmpeg-user] video4linux2 framerate

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Wed Apr 30 17:20:35 CEST 2014

> > Have you tried specifying the frame rate as an output option (after
> > "-i /dev/${CAMERA}")?
> >

> That works. Is this a fixed bug or just a change to the driver?
> I see in top that ffmpeg is using more resources. Is that because it is receiving
> 15 fps and writing 1? Is there a better, less resources, way to capture 1 fps?

Supported fps by webcams are just a few limited discreet values (ie: 15, 30, 60). To explore your HW capabilities, I suggest that you use the Qt app qv4l2 bundled in the v4l-utils package from http://linuxtv.org/

Please ignore the confidentiality notice below.
It is automatically added without my consent.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.