[FFmpeg-user] concat loses 2 frames or freezes up video

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Dec 8 00:33:23 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 14:15:37 -0800, S Andreason wrote:
> Test instructions, sample file names and locations, plus debug output,
> are uploaded to:
> http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/ffmpeg-concat-test-instructions.txt
>
> Waiting for questions? Thank you.

Please include all your text here, so it hasn't disappeared when
someone else searches for this problems months from now.

Anyway:
- I wouldn't touch ffmpeg-0.5 with a 10 foot pole, or trust it as a
  doorstop. Please do your trimming with recent ffmpeg.
- Please include the full command lines (which you did) and the
  complete, uncut console output. This helps to rule out outdated or
  misconfigured ffmpeg versions, and to see any warnings or errors you
  may have overlooked.
- Finally, I'm not sure whether or how thew trimming with "-ss 15 -t 9"
  and reassembling works with "-c copy", because of I/P/B frames. That
  said, it shouldn't lead to un-concat-able files.

Thanks,
Moritz