[FFmpeg-user] Prores enable all audio channels on output file

Sam Marrocco smarrocco at ringsidecreative.com
Thu Dec 11 22:33:37 CET 2014

On 12/9/2014 4:32 PM, Kevin Wells wrote:

Hi, I have seen a few posts about this previously where on the output file of a quicktime only the first audio channel is enabled by default, all other audio channels are present but disabled.I would like to have all my audio channels enabled by default on the output file.I am using ffmpeg 2.5 on OSX.
Kind regards.

Those may have been some of my posts regarding the "only first channel enabled" issue. I hired a developer to 'fix' the issue and contribute the patches to the necessary trees. The version I now use is supposed to be part of the ffmpeg distribution now, but you may be on an older version. I'm unfamiliar with the OSX version numbering vs. the windows version, but the windows binary version ffmpeg-20140715 I use no longer has the issue. All tracks are enabled by default and it works properly when read by software that uses Apple's quicktime libraries.

sam marrocco | chief technical officer
ringside.cutters.picnic.moonlink

248 548 2500 w
248 910 3344 c