[FFmpeg-user] Step 1 encode video, Step 2 stream over UDP-> NOT working (HEVC, UDP, x265, streaming)

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 11:10:59 CET 2014

Hi Rudi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:34:33 +0100, Rudi Hrvatin wrote:
> This works fine, I get just some warning. The video if playable using
> ffplay so I think this *works fine*.

This depends on what you will try to play it with as the final client
in your chain. ffplay and mplayer (and possibly vlc) may be overly
tolerant.

> This commands produces some errors. What am I doing wrong? (I also tried
> without the -f mp4 but also didn't work).
[...]
> [mp4 @ 0000000004cd05a0]* muxer does not support non seekable output*

There must be around 1000 Google hits regarding the streaming of MP4
with ffmpeg. :-)

MP4 was not (well) designed for this. It does work with fragments, if
you really must use MP4.

LMGTFY:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/25482763

Moritz