[FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422) Compression

Jason Freets jasonslife at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 23:16:47 CET 2014

> Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] LLossless (10 Bit RGB 444) and (10 Bit YUV 422)	Compression
>
> Jason Freets <jasonslife <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ugnjlivdhdlixt/10BitRGB444_r10k_2sec.avi
>
> Thank you for the sample!

No problem! =)

> I found a second bug in the r10k code, this time the
> decoder. I'll send a patch soon that allows to use
> -f framecrc (or similar) on the input r10k and the
> output r10k file and both show identical output.

That would be wonderful! I like the framecrc since it's quite convenient to also verify which frames are bad between the input and output. So if you are able to make that work, fantastic!

> Note that both patches do not affect the ffv1 files,
> so you can use current FFmpeg to produce lossless
> archive copies of r10k.

That's a good note!

However, I'd like to point out that I never had success even converting from r10k to FFV1. What I mean by this, is that after converting my original r10k to FFV1 I was never able to play the FFV1 file with, for example, VLC. If you read back to my prior posts, I was reporting that I only saw GREEN video (i.e. each frame was solid GREEN). My conclusion at the time, just a day or two, was FFMpeg just didn't deal with r10k. Yet, I realize you've made improvements since too. I have yet to try those. I will wait until you give the thumbs up! =)

> Thank you for being persistent, Carl Eugen

No no...thank you Carl! I'm glad I can do what I can to help with testing!

Cheers,

Jason