[FFmpeg-user] Video with copyright

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:17:11 CEST 2014

> Don't do that then!

well, I know how to solve problems by finding alternative solutions, I'm
just informing about an issue. DTS errors should not happen just adding
"-async" parameter.

> > and ffmpeg memory grows up to 1GB.
>
> ‘-async samples_per_second’
>
> Audio sync method. "Stretches/squeezes" the audio stream to match the
> timestamps, the parameter is the maximum samples per second by which
> the audio is changed. -async 1 is a special case where only the start
> of the audio stream is corrected without any later correction.
>
> Asking ffmpeg to keep track of 1000 samples will increase the memory
> ffmpeg consumes.

1000 samples (2 channels, pcm_s16le) use 4k of memory.
I can experience the same issue (mem ~1GB) even with "-async 2" and/or
using avi muxer.

I use the "-async" parameter with hundreds of files without problems and
huge memory allocations.

If you see the logs I posted, at some point dts of audio track is reset to
0. This will probably affect the muxer that, trying to achieve optimal
interleaving, starts keeping packets/frames in memory.

thanks,
MB