[FFmpeg-user] DPX to jp2 encoding

Rajendran Krishnan rajendran_t_k at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 4 15:48:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

Is there any other way to increase the conversion speed of the JP2 from the below command.

"ffmpeg.exe -f image2 -threads 2 -i C:\Users\unameit\Desktop\dpx\DPX_%4d.dpx -c:v libopenjpeg -pix_fmt gbrp -strict -2 C:\Users\unameit\Desktop\dpx\cnv\jp_cmd_%4d.jp2"

I know the "libopenjepeg" is very slow

During the conversion I could able to see the CPU is utilized only 20%, and it is using only two core of the CPU. Is there any command to utilize all the core and full CPU, I hope if the conversion uses all the available core and the CPU capacity the conversion time will reduce.

Regards
 Raj
On Friday, 30 May 2014 12:11 AM, Lou <lou at lrcd.com> wrote:

On Thu, 29 May 2014 15:24:50 +0200
"Peter B." <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:

> Good idea!
>
> Did it now.
> Basically I just copy/pasted the cheatsheet and reformatted it to Trac
> wiki syntax.

Thanks, looks good to me.