[FFmpeg-user] HTTP live streaming with aes encrpytion

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 18 09:42:09 CEST 2014

Hi, 陈晨,

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 14:31:02 +0800, 陈晨 wrote:
> <http://dryize.wordpress.com/2014/04/02/protected-hls-using-ffmpeg-and-openssl/>.
> But it's so complicated.

That does not look very complicated to me at all! Apart from that
ffmpeg isn't doing the encryption itself. Just create your output
segments and playlist files as usual, and then run a script.

(The script has an obvious error. If you need help with that, let us or
anyone with bash experience know.)

NB: I have no idea of how to avoid putting the key there, and instead
giving it to the user in some other protected manner. What's the point
of encrypting if everyone can get the key?

Moritz