[FFmpeg-user] mpegts missing sync byte

Ashish Lal ashishlal.home at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:42:10 CEST 2014

I want to stream my webcam from a windows 7 (64-bit) machine behind LAN
using ffmpeg as the encoder to a live555 server running on a Debian 64-bit
linux machine in a data center over the WAN. I want to send a H.264 MPEGTS
UDP stream from ffmpeg and the live555 "testOnDemandRTSPServer" should send
out RTSP streams to clients that connect to it.
I am using the following ffmpeg command which sends UDP data to port 1234,
IP address AA.BB.CC.DD
.\ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -i video="Webcam C170":audio="Microphone (3- Webcam
C170)" -an -vcodec libx264 -f mpegts udp://AA.BB.CC.DD:1234
The server rejects the ffmpeg input data with the message "Missing sync
byte" printed on the console. Upon investigation I found that the first
byte of the data must start with 0x47. Is there an option that I can use in
ffmpeg that fixes this?
Thanks and Regards,
--Ashish