[FFmpeg-user] libass reference broken

Elliott Balsley elliottbalsley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:01:27 CET 2014

I have ffmpeg installed from git master, and many of its dependencies installed through MacPorts.
When I try to run ffmpeg, I get this error:
$ ffmpeg
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libass.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
I don’t have that dynamic library, but I do have /opt/local/lib/libass.5.dylib, and a symlink pointing to that called libass.dylib.  I think this broke after upgrading MacPorts packages.  Is there a way to make ffmpeg reference the generic symlink, so it doesn’t break every time libass is upgraded?