[FFmpeg-user] Setting permissions on linux

Andy racingyacht1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 20:16:41 CET 2014

Hi Carl, thanks for your note
I re-installed ffmpeg and related files. I needed to be su to untar the
files etc, as only root or su are allowed to create directories etc in
/usr/local/. All files are permissioned for +x.

I can convert files running as either root or su, however when I try to run
as a normal user I get the following error: '-bash: ffmpeg: command not
found'.

Selinux is running in permissive mode until I get everything up and running.
Then I will set it back to enforcing.