[FFmpeg-user] concatenate png files for different durations?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Mar 14 02:58:33 CET 2014

       How can I display a sequence of png files for different time
durations and mate them with a single audio?

       Attached is a toy example:  I want to display tst1.png for 0.5
seconds followed by tst2.png for 1.5 seconds and merge that video with
the audio in tst2.mp2.

       If I don't care about the display time for each image, I can
merge these 2 png and 1 mp2 files with "ffmpeg -y -r 1 -i tst.mp2 -r 2
-i tst%d.png -b 300k tst.mp4".

       The documentation describes "concat" for filter, demuxer,
protocol, and raw.  I was unable to see how any of these would solve
this problem.

       Thanks,
       Spencer

p.s.  I'm using ffmpeg version N-61163-gd1122b7 Copyright (c) 2000-2014
the FFmpeg developers built on Mar  7 2014 22:01:29 with gcc 4.8.2 (GCC)
under Windows 7 Home Edition with a dual core Intel processor, 8 GB RAM,
and lots of free hard drive.