[FFmpeg-user] Frames at a particular (interval) distance

oana1404 oana.inel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:32:54 CET 2014

I managed to select the frames that I need. Now, I want to cut the video
based on the frame numbers that I extracted earlier.
For this, I'm using the following command:
ffmpeg -i input -f segment -segment_frames 1283,2544,3793 -c copy -map 0
segment_%03d.mp4
However, instead of having 4 fragments, I get 5. The last part of the video
splits into two. Also, for some videos this behavior doesn't happen.
Do you have any idea about this?