[FFmpeg-user] using concat and duration?

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Mar 24 10:30:15 CET 2014

Le duodi 2 germinal, an CCXXII, Tom Horsley a écrit :
> The docs are a little light on the use of the 'duration'
> directive in a concat filter.
>
> If I want to explicitly give duration (to see if drifting
> audio sync can be helped), what exactly does the
> duration directive mean?
>
> Is it the duration of the previous file?
>
> Is it the duration of the next file?

The docs state:

       "file path"
           All subsequent directives apply to that file.

Therefore it will be the duration of the "previous" file; I would rather
call it the "current" file.

> Is it the duration of the concatenated files so far?

Again, the docs:

       "duration dur"
           Duration of the file.

If you can suggest something to make the docs clearer, do not hesitate.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George