[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe start_time

Diego Soldano soldano at icgeb.org
Wed May 7 15:41:34 CEST 2014

Hello,

  I am using the following command to get the start time for each video and audio track

ffprobe -show_streams my_movie.mov

I know that my movie.mov video track starts with an offset of 1 second and the audio track has an offset of 2 seconds.

I do not understand why ffprobe reports the same start_time for video and audio track.

If I delete the video track from my_movie.mov then ffprobe reports the audio correct start_time.

Also with command

 ffprobe -show_streams -select_stream a my_movie .mov     # my_movie.mov  has both video and audio track

the audio start_time is the same of the video one.

 It looks like the first track start_time overlaps the scone track start_time.

Any suggestion is welcome.

regards

diego