[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg problem using fieldmatch and decimate filters to IVTC

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 14:01:24 CEST 2014

> I didn¹t solve it yet, but I have one more observation. Placing

> ³fps=30001/1001² in front of the items of the filtergraph sent in my
> previous reply (ie: ffmpeg -i Œlong.sample.vob¹  -vf ³fps=30001/1001,
> fieldmatch=order=tff, fps=fps=24000/1001² -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:v libx264
> -preset slower -tune film -crf 18 -maxrate 2100k -bufsize 1835k
> Œlong.sample.m4v¹) appears to make the passages that were incorrectly
> rendered using the previous command line render correctly, as well as to
> ruin the transcoding of passages that were previously rendered correctly
> (nearly all of the sample). If it¹s possible to cause ffmpeg to switch
> between the two modes for appropriate passages, then successful
> transcoding for the entire clip should result. However, I¹ll admit that
> the circumstance seems incorrect altogether to me. Even so, if such
> automatic switching between the two modes is indeed possible, I¹d
> certainly like to know how to manage it.
>
> Laine Lee

A couple of observations:

1) fieldmatch is supposed to be paired with decimate not "-r".
2) Because of this fieldmatch/decimate combo throws out frame timing information so you don't want to use it on VFR video which you have.

Have you tried:

-vf pullup,dejudder,idet,yadif=deint=interlaced:mode=1,fps=12000/1001

In theory that should do what you want.

-Nick