[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg problem using fieldmatch and decimate filters to IVTC

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun May 18 23:41:23 CEST 2014

L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> OK, I uploaded mencoder_sample_inverse_telecine.txt
> and mencoder_sample_inverse_telecine.m4v

Why? (We are all able to test MEncoder.)

Please explain what's wrong with:
$ ffmpeg -i sample.vob -vf pullup -r 24000/1001 -strict -2 -qscale 2 out.mov
?
(which is of course using MEncoder's inverse
telecine technology so any difference is unlikely
to be related to it.)

The output file plays slightly out-of-sync, this
is a regression, not related to inverse telecine,
see ticket #3640.

Please don't top-post here, Carl Eugen