[FFmpeg-user] Changing PTS without re-encoding an h264/avc stream

Alton Patrick APatrick at siginnovations.com
Wed May 28 20:33:34 CEST 2014

I have an h264/avc video in an mp4 file. I'd like to change the presentation timestamps on the frames, but I would also like to avoid re-encoding the video.

In other words, I would like to do something like:
	ffmpeg -i in.mp4 -c:v copy -vf setpts=N/30*TB out.mp4

Except that of course that won't work, because -c:v copy (to avoid re-encoding the video) will cause the video files to be skipped.

If my understanding is correct, I can't do what I want with ffmpeg. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.