[FFmpeg-user] Brighten dark video before reducing size?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 6 11:51:51 CEST 2014

Gilles <codecomplete <at> free.fr> writes:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:31:49 +0000 (UTC), Carl Eugen Hoyos
> <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
> >> I was wondering if ffmpeg could apply some filters
> >> before further reducing the filesize?
> >
> >Definitely, please see the fine filter documentation:
> >http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#Video-Filters
> >(hue, lut, geq and mp=eq2 come to mind.)
>
> I've tried the following commands, but none worked to
> brighten a dark video:

Note that this answer to a two-year old email is
quite disturbing to me...
(But that may absolutely only be me!)

[...]

> Here's how I used the command, where HERE contained
> one of the switches above

Please never post command lines that contain variables,
always post actual command lines that you tested
including their complete, uncut console output.

As far as I am concerned, using -vf filter1 -vf filter2
is either undefined behaviour or not supported, the
filter option does support multiple filters.

Carl Eugen