[FFmpeg-user] UDP Packet size option

Sajjad Moshen sajjad.moshen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 04:34:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've been trying to get my decoder to read my UDP feed but for some odd
reason it doesn't like when I add the ?pkt_size=1316 option to my unicast
stream.

>From reading around I am aware that I can recompile ffmpeg with a custom
MTU setting to ensure I can get the desired packet size, however my
question is if there is another way to insert the MTU override setting in
the CLI without placing it right at the end of the stream?

Command is:

ffmpeg -re -i rtmp://x -vcodec mpeg2video -r 25 -flags cgop+ilme
-sc_threshold 1000000000 -b:v 2M -minrate:v 2M -maxrate:v 2M -bufsize:v
0.2M -muxrate 2.5M -acodec mp2 -ac 2 -b:a 224k -f mpegts udp://
192.168.0.4:1234?pkt_size=1316

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards