[FFmpeg-user] Error when installed ffmpeg from git

Binathi Bingi binti179 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:19:20 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I installed ffmpeg from git on my machine which runs on Ubuntu14.04.
I followed the instructions given in the below compilation guide.
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu

Instead of using the git snapshot as mentioned in the documentation, I did

git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg

ffmpeg is installed, but when i typed ffserver at command prompt, it gave
me the error "Could not open the configuration file '/etc/ffserver.conf'
Error reading configuration file '/etc/ffserver.conf': No such file or
directory"

Binathi