[FFmpeg-user] Images and Lengths of Time to Generate Video

Ryan Vincent ryan.vincent29 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:15:46 CET 2014

Hello ffmpeg-users,

I am currently working on a project where I would like to take a series of
images and create a video, however, I would like the images to be displayed
for a certain, but different amount of time.

For example, I have a series of 3 images, image1, image2, and image3. I
would like image1 to be displayed for 3 seconds, image2 for 9 seconds and
image3 for 4 seconds. Ideally, I could take care of this problem using
timestamps (since I generate these files in the order and the approximate
time frame they need to be rendered), but am not sure that is possible.

Additionally, I know that I could, in a script, generate a loop video of
each of the images separately, and then concatenate those videos in order
to get the desired output, but I didn't know if it was possible to do this
in a different way, with ffmpeg.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ryan