[FFmpeg-user] Combining two audio feeds from live rtsp sources into stereo is delayed

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 29 17:30:10 CET 2014

Mark Umansky <umansky <at> torcrobotics.com> writes:

> > >   Duration: N/A, start: 0.040022, bitrate: N/A
> >
> > If no wallclock is shown as start time here, I
> > don't think this can work at all.
>
> Do you mean actual real world time?

Yes.

> I'm not sure I follow.

If both streams contain a "real world" start time
("wallclock time") then FFmpeg should be able to
synchronize them.
If both start with "0" then I fear synchronization
will even fail (sometimes) if FFmpeg were infinitely
fast (which it is not).

It may of course be a bug that FFmpeg cannot read
the actual starttime (that may be part of the
stream), I don't know.

Please try to fix your mailer, Carl Eugen