[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to speed up merging-speed from HD to LAN?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 23:45:08 CEST 2015

> (I don't think FFmpeg reads from the output file if
> that was your question.)
That WAS the question ;)
I thought you meaned FFmpeg (reads the source file of course) and writes
the target file and reads it (for filechecking or something) -> And that
would be the cause for the slow merging speed from HD to LAN.
But you say that you dont think that it will do that, so my question is
still the same: why is this so slow over lan?
When I have a 1Gbit LAN, why ffmpeg just use 25 percent of the
connection speed when I merge or transcode something into lan?
I have no idea :(

>> ffmpeg version 2.6 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
> I am curious: Why are you using a release?
> Maybe because you don't know that all releases of
> FFmpeg contain more bugs than current git head?
Yes, I didnt knew that.
You have to know that I am not a programmer or a compiler. I am just a
user of ffmpeg and mostly I use zeranoe windows builds and sometimes,
like in this current case, a own compiled version of a collegue who is
able to compile.