[FFmpeg-user] HLS one liner from /dev/videoX

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Apr 30 09:38:18 CEST 2015

Hi Kai,

> Before I make a bug report, am I missing something?

Yes. You have too many links to external stuff (tarballs, logs [why not
attached here?], various scenarios, various requests, and it's unclear
what the problem is.

Your only problem report:

> CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like
> Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4" will fail to dark
> grey screen.

has unclear wording. What dies "fail to dark grey screen" mean? Does
the player show some sort of error ("fail"), or does it just display
the video incorrectly (dark grey)? Does audio work?

You may have overseen one important message in your logs:
> No pixel format specified, yuv422p for H.264 encoding chosen.
> Use -pix_fmt yuv420p for compatibility with outdated media players.

Cheers,
Moritz