[FFmpeg-user] How to Disable TLS support in ffmpeg 2.x? TLS Fatal alert

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 3 14:45:29 CET 2015

raccoon <raccoon4me <at> gmail.com> writes:

> i try to compile the version 2.4.7 for
> example with such options :

Note that 2.4.7 is old and should not be used
anymore and that you can run FFmpeg from the
build directory (I never install, I always
test from the build directory).
As a user, always test current FFmpeg git
head, it contains more features and less bugs
than any release.

The following options are default, remove
them from your configure line:
--enable-pthreads
--enable-postproc
--enable-x11grab (this is now the default)
--enable-avfilter

The following options have no effect on
your system, please remove them:
--disable-vda
--disable-altivec

The reason you should remove them is that
their amount makes reading the rest of your
configure line more difficult: Very bad
options (like disable-yasm) are easily
overlooked like this, a developer with an
incredibly long configure line has missed
that he disabled all optimizations.

I suspect that --disable-protocol=tls is
wrong (not what you want) but I may miss
something.

Using "--disable-yasm" is a very bad idea,
therefore binaries using this option are
generally not supported here.
yasm is a small standalone binary that takes
at most minutes to compile.

--enable-nonfree is used twice, once should
be enough.

Carl Eugen