[FFmpeg-user] Questions about readout important metadata from DPX files (

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 10 11:59:54 CET 2015

Christoph Gerstbauer <christophgerstbauer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed, ffmpeg framemd5 is my only possibility
> to check lossless transcodings. A BIG THANK
> YOU FOR THAT!

Please remember that you are assuming that the
respective FFmpeg decoder has no bugs!

You could always output rawvideo (from different
programs) and compare with diff (or md5).

I did not realize that framemd5 can be used to
check for hardware bugs / calculation errors,
this is of course useful (but you should be
aware of what you test).

Carl Eugen