[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg encoding in h264 instead of raw video

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 12 22:44:00 CET 2015

Hi Keith,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:26:13 -0400, Keith Reilly wrote:
> I'm trying to take a raw video file and raw audio and remux them together
> still as raw. I don't want any compression.

> ffmpeg -f u16le -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 -ar 48000 -i /all_a1 -f yuv4mpegpipe -vcodec rawvideo -i /all_v1 -strict -2 /all.mov

What's wrong is that ffmpeg assumes specific defaults for each output
format (container), and that's not rawvideo and PCM audio for mov. (Can
mov store rawvideo?) What you are doing with your flags is telling
ffmpeg how to interpret the inputs (which it might do well by itself
without these hints), not how to encode the output.

You need to use
  -c:v copy -c:a copy
or your particular -acodec/-vcodec settings _after_ all the input files
and before the output file.

Cheers,
Moritz