[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG compatible hardware?

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Fri Mar 13 10:01:45 CET 2015

On 13 March 2015 at 16:53, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
> HDMI inputs. Here's one I randomly picked from their website (well, it
> looked like the "smallest" one with HDMI input):
> https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-06

Ah, didn't know about these. But since they don't have a USB3
interface, I can't really use any of them with my laptop. Doh.

> Listed at US$ 145 (or to be found for €145 in Europe). You'll have to
> google for experiences (and issues ;-)). But at least this should be an
> alternative to USB (UVC) connections.

Tbh, I want more USB UVC hardware options. So found I found two. Is
UVC a good interface? Does USB3 device? Looking for testimonials too.

> It's _not_ a "standard driver-less solution" (quote from your page),
> but does that matter?

Yes, standards matter to me. Who likes installing drivers?! :)

Many thanks,