[FFmpeg-user] Questions about readout important metadata from DPX files ("logarthmic/linear") and recreate DPX with same metadata

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:30:14 CET 2015

> You can identify the source of the frame rate with a bit more clarity with mediainfo if run like
> mediainfo --inform="Details;1" file.dpx
>
> Dave Rice
Hm , thats not working on my machine (win7/8):

C:\Users\Administrator>mediainfo --inform="Details;1" E:\DPX\0090000.dpx
General
Complete name                            : E:\DPX\0090000.dpx
Format                                   : DPX
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 4.02 MiB
Encoded date                             : 2015:02:23:15:40:35:CET

Image
Format                                   : DPX
Format version                           : Version 2
Width                                    : 2 048 pixels
Height                                   : 1 520 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 4.02 MiB (100%)
Encoded date                             : 2015:02:23:15:40:35:CET
Color primaries                          : Printing density
Transfer characteristics                 : Printing density

I see no information about a framerate or the length of this specific
DPX file (e.g. 40milliseconds)

br
Christoph