[FFmpeg-user] How to set 3 specific metadata flags (ITU601/displayoffset) in FFmpegs IMX50 MXF-OP1a encoding?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:38:08 CET 2015

> Don't know if its relevant but your coding parameters are slightly
> different to the one's I use for D10, and I wonder if this affects the
> automatic metadata insertion..
>

> "-flags +ildct+ilme+low_delay"
>
> Well ilme seems kind of redundant for I frame only coding but probably
> harmless.
>
> "-tag:v mx5p"
>
> irrelevant for mxf, but again probably harmless.
>
> I use the following which you do not:-
>
> -rc_max_vbv_use 1
>
> -rc_min_vbv_use 1
>
> and you use the following that I do not:-
>
> "-qmax 3 -rc_buf_aggressivity 0.25"
>
> I don't know what difference, if any, those changes make, but the values
> I use create D10 files that BBC R&D looked at and thought were OK.
>
> Perhaps worth a try?
>
>> [..]

Additionally:

I tried it again with all your mentioned syntax changes but without
changing the "-qmin 1 -qmax 3" -> now it works to encode.

But the MXF metadata doesnt change (SIGNAL STANDARD = 1 (ITU 601) +
display y offset +Color siting = 4 (Rec 601).

The only difference I saw with mediainfo is that the new MXF (your
syntax) has a CLOSED GOP structure and the old one (my syntax) had a
OPEN structure.

Best Regards
Christoph