[FFmpeg-user] Why start_time is sometimes non zero?

Christian Johannesen chrisjohannesen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:20:08 CET 2015

I know files captured with Final Cut Pro 7 have this attribute. The
software starts recording the audio and video tracks and then inserts
metadata for each track to indicate the offset of the start of the track
relative to the start time of the container. This aligns the tracks, to
this point.

Chris