[FFmpeg-user] avconv stream to ustream dies after 2 hours

John Ellenberger johne at jellenberger.org
Sat Mar 21 12:57:48 CET 2015

I am streaming from a Raspberry Pi camera to ustream using the following
command:

avconv -f h264 -r 25 -i fifo.264 -metadata title="Raspberry Pi Camera
Module (LIVE)" -f flv  rtmp://1.18079948.fme.ustream.tv/morestuff

Initially I get a warning:

[h264 @ 0x2f5680] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

But it runs for a few hours and then dies with:

Failed to update header with correct duration.me=6962.20 bitrate=
203.6kbits/s
[flv @ 0x2fe120] Failed to update header with correct filesize.

I don't see an option to set duration to "forever" as the -t option takes a
non-zero argument.

Any way to force the duration or am I doing something else wrong?

--
John Ellenberger
Groton, MA