[FFmpeg-user] idet's analyze_interlaced_flag

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Fri Mar 27 18:58:35 CET 2015

Hi all,

I’m trying to understand idet's analyze_interlaced_flag option correctly.

The description is:
"When this is not 0 then idet will use the specified number of frames to determine if the interlaced flag is accurate, it will not count undetermined frames. If the flag is found to be accurate it will be used without any further computations, if it is found to be inaccuarte it will be cleared without any further computations. This allows inserting the idet filter as a low computational method to clean up the interlaced flag”

I’m confused by "if it is found to be inaccurate it will be cleared”.

For instance if I have a file labelled as progressive but idet detects that it is tff, then from my reading of "if it [progressive] is found to be inaccuarte it will be cleared”. But if the progressive property is cleared, then how are the frames now labelled, as undetermined or as tff?

Dave Rice